Today, SQUARE ENIX revealed new gameplay information for the story mode with Dai, Popp, Maam and Hyunckel in the upcoming action-RPG Infinity Strash: DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai!
In Infinity Strash: DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai, players will relive parts of the anime DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai, right up to the battle of Rochedémon’s fortress, and will be able to explore the story beyond the overall gameplay
- In story mode, players will not only take part in thrilling battles, but will also follow the story of The Adventure of Dai through snapshots and cinematics reproducing famous sequences from the anime.
- The more the story progresses, the more intense the battles against the evil army become.
- The Story (Easy) mode, meanwhile, features a lower difficulty level, allowing players to experience an easier, more story-driven adventure.
Players will be able to upgrade each of the four heroes with the power of the memories they’ve forged to fight the toughest battles against the army of evil!A unique character enhancement system: memories
- Memories feature famous sequences from the anime DRAGON QUEST The Adventure of Dai, while training Avan’s disciples to triumph in the tough battles ahead!
- You can obtain souvenirs by progressing through the story mode, and by completing the shrine.
- Characters equipped with souvenirs will see their abilities enhanced in a variety of ways, and will be able to use more simultaneously as they gain levels.
- Memories are rated from 1 to 3 stars, with those with the most stars being the most powerful. Some 3-star souvenirs have additional special effects.
Here are some of the souvenirs that will appear in the game, and the improvements they bring to characters:
- Small pride
- The scene in which Popp answers Crocodine’s question at Romos Castle.
- This memory improves magic stats.
- Thirst for victory
- Flazzard’s words sum up his ultimate goal: to triumph, whatever the cost.
- This memory mainly enhances physical attacks.
- Slash-ieux (Daï)
- This scene shows Daï using the sword arcana of the Avant “Slash-ieux” school.
- This memory boosts the damage inflicted by Slash-ieux’s skills and power.
- Death to justice
- This scene shows Hyunckel recounting how he lost hope in justice and let hatred invade his heart.
- This higher-level memory boosts HP and defense.