KOEI TECMO Europe and developers Omega Force, in collaboration with TYPE-MOON and Aniplex INC. unveil the second trailer for their upcoming action-RPG, Fate/Samurai Remnant. This new trailer reveals the identities and motivations of the new Servants who will join the fight in the final war for the Holy Grail. Fate/Samurai Remnant is currently in development for Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4 and Windows PC via Steam®, and will be available in Europe on September 29, 2023.
In the Fate franchise, duos of Masters and heroic spirits, also known as Servants, battle throughout history in wars for the Holy Grail, with the winners receiving this wish-granting artifact. Fate/Samurai Remnant continues the epic story of the Holy Grail War in Edo period Japan, with players controlling the young samurai Miyamoto Iori and his Servant Saber. A battle between seven duos of Masters and Servants is about to begin, while the « Ritual of the Rising Moon » is being prepared in the shadows.
In addition to the chaos of the Ritual of the Rising Moon, the Archer and Assassin Servants will take part in the battle. The Archer Servant is loyal, courageous and fierce. He respects his Master, Zheng Chenggong, and wields his bow and arrows with finesse in battle. This new trailer also shows Assassin, a Servant of the Assassin class. A gray phantom with long arms and legs bent like whips, Assassin is said to be able to summon and manipulate snakes into subordinates.
Throughout the game, Fate/Samurai Remnant will also feature several Rogue Servants, powerful warriors who have no Master. If players manage to create a bond with them, they will not only be able to temporarily borrow their powers, but some of them will even be able to accompany Iori into battle. While some of these Rogue Servants have already appeared in previous titles in the Fate series, such as Rogue Lancer, Fate/Samurai Remnant
also introduces new ones, such as Rogue Rider.
Rogue Servants include :
- Rogue Lancer (real name Cú Chulainn): he wields a crimson spear longer than himself, as if it were part of himself. He has a belligerent personality and is always looking for a tough fight.
- Rogue Archer (real name Arjuna): a white-robed fighter who wields a bow covered in blue flames. He is pure, always respectful and behaves fairly and honestly.
- Rogue Rider (real name Tamamo Aria): she seduces men with her delicate appearance, her words and her somewhat frivolous behavior. Instead of riding something, she prefers to ride someone to get around.
- Rogue Saber: a warrior in armor who rides a gray horse and wields a large sword. He is in pursuit of an enemy called the Evil Ogre, whom he seeks to destroy.
- Rogue Berserker: a fighter with long hair and a muscular body. Summoned as a Berserker, he has lost all sense of rationality. For some reason, he accompanies Takao Dayu.
In addition, Fate/Samurai Remnant introduces « Spirit Font Conflict », an all-new gameplay element featuring competition between enemies for Spirit Fonts scattered across Edo. Players seek to acquire Spirit Fonts, the enemy’s strongholds, by making a mutually determined number of moves on a grid map. When a Spirit Font is acquired, a path passes through the ley line linking it to the player’s base, temporarily increasing Iori’s abilities. Rogue Servants with a link can be moved as a separate unit to cooperate in the acquisition of Spirit Fonts. Some Rogue Servants only lend their assistance in the Spirit Font Conflict.
The magecraf workshop, located in town, will help to strengthen Iori’s abilities. It is here that Iori can learn new skills that will be useful in her battle against the Ritual of the Rising Moon. By strengthening the workshop, Iori can acquire skills such as the ability to have Rogue Servants accompany her into battle. In addition, players can play a sword maintenance mini-game, where samurai who take care of their swords are rewarded with bonus effects during combat.