Publisher Microids and studio Microids Studio Lyon are pleased to present the launch trailer for the video game Agatha Christie – Le Crime de l’Orient-Express. In this modernized and revisited version of Agatha Christie’s timeless masterpiece, players take part in a journey set in 2023 through several cities, from Boston to Venice and Geneva
To bring a whole new dimension to the investigation, players take turns embodying two brilliant detectives, namely the legendary Hercule Poirot and Joanna Locke, created for the game. They can explore iconic settings, solve complex puzzles and interrogate a gallery of intriguing characters. Every clue, every conversation and every choice brings them closer to the truth behind the Orient Express crime
However, an unexpected event disrupts the investigation, redefining everything players thought they knew about this iconic story. The game promises to keep them on the edge of their seats from start to finish, with surprising twists and game-changing revelations at every stage of the investigation
About the video game Le Crime de l’Orient-Express
A crime is committed aboard the Orient Express. During the journey, Hercule Poirot finds himself surrounded by a singular group of characters, all suspects, each with their own secrets and motivations, as he attempts to solve the murder that has just taken place. Solving this mystery will be no easy task, and through a series of twists and turns, players will have to call on their little grey cells, as well as their detective skills, to unravel the truth
Whether you’re a fan of the iconic book or the films, a fan of murder mysteries or simply looking for a thrilling adventure, this new offering has something for everyone
- Faithful but enriched: the game is a faithful but enriched adaptation of the original story, with the addition of a new character named Joanna Locke. With her, you can regularly step off the train in playable flashbacks.
- Play as legendary detective Hercule Poirot: get inside Hercule Poirot’s head to discover mental maps and make deductions, adding an extra layer of depth to the gameplay. And don’t forget to solve the many object-handling puzzles scattered throughout each chapter.
- An adventure rich in twists and turns: get ready for major twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat right to the end. Le Crime de l’Orient-Express is renowned for having one of the best plot twists in literature, and this game is no exception. But this time, in 2023, you’ll be investigating from a totally new angle.
- An exciting detective mystery game: taking turns as Hercule Poirot and Joanna Locke, you’ll solve puzzles and make deductions to uncover the truth behind the murder. From a third-person viewpoint, you’ll inspect the settings and talk to all the protagonists in search of clues.
- Fully dubbed: Le Crime de l’Orient-Express will be fully dubbed in French, English and German.
Le Crime de L’Orient-Express is available today, October 19, 2023, on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC.