Publisher Microids and development studio Tower Five are proud to unveil a first look at the photorealistic strategy adventure game based on Bernard Werber’s Les Fourmis
Immerse yourself in a microscopic ecosystem in the heart of the Fontainebleau forest. You play as 103 683rd, an ant determined to guide the colony towards new, more prosperous horizons
In Les Fourmis, every decision counts, every move is strategic and every conquest reflects your ability to dominate a world where the little ones are mighty!
Developed by La Rochelle-based studio Tower Five using the Unreal Engine 5, Les Fourmis offers players a strategic experience inspired by Bernard Werber’s iconic saga. Players will plunge into the world of ants and an epic adventure, where they’ll have to grow a colony through tactical and strategic battles in a microscopic world of disproportionate proportions. Strategy, exploration, confrontation and alliances with the local fauna will all be required to emerge victorious from the many challenges awaiting players
“THE WORLD OF THE INFINITELY SMALL IS ABOUT TO WAGE ITS GREATEST BATTLE”
Bernard Werber’s saga has captivated millions of readers worldwide with its fascinating universe and reflections on human nature. We’re delighted to be able to offer gamers the chance to discover this universe from a new angle, thanks to this video game adaptation
About the video game The Ants
- Take part in an extraordinary adventure – Play as 103 683rd, a determined ant in 3rd-person view, with unique abilities that will help you during confrontations and when exploring the environment.
- A real-time 3D adventure and strategy game with increasing difficulty – The game will offer an intuitive experience for newcomers, with tutorials to learn the fundamentals of RTS to help grasp the use of game mechanics. The game will offer a scalable difficulty and experience for players discovering new game mechanics, strategies and combat techniques.
- Explore beautiful environments and meet the local fauna – The game will feature numerous maps in a photorealistic Ile-de-France forest setting to explore. Meet and interact with other ants and forest dwellers throughout your adventure.
- Photo-realistic – The Unreal Engine 5 pushes the limits of photo-realistic effects on plants and wildlife.
- A narrative based on the rhythm of the seasons – The game’s narrative follows the rhythm of the seasons, and the environment and gameplay mechanics adapt accordingly.
- Daytime contrast and adaptation – The game’s maps change according to the time of day (day, night, dawn and dusk).
World-famous for his Ant trilogy, The Thanatonauts and, more recently, The Prophecy of the Bees, Bernard Werber has just published his new novel, Le Temps des Chimères, with Albin Michel
Les Fourmis will be available in 2024 on PC and consoles