On the occasion of Opening Night Live hosted by Geoff Keighley, SEGA of America, Inc. released two new trailers for Sonic Superstars and Sonic Frontiers
During the stream, Sonic Team announced the release date for Sonic Superstars, scheduled for October 17, 2023. The game is already available for pre-order on PlayStation®5 (PS5®), PlayStation®4 (PS4®), Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch™ consoles and PC
The latest trailer for Sonic Superstars introduces new gameplay elements taken from Sonic’s next adventure, starting with local co-op play and Battle mode. Play through the entire campaign with three other players locally, or access the all-new Combat mode to challenge up to three players locally, or even seven online
SEGA also took the opportunity to present Sonic Superstars – Digital Deluxe Edition, which will include the base game, the LEGO® Fun pack with LEGO character appearances for Amy, Tails and Knuckles, levels for Battle mode and even more additional content: a special Sonic Rabbit appearance that takes up Sonic’s original design, Sonic Mecha parts for Battle mode, exclusive wallpapers, a digital artbook and a mini soundtrack
Sonic fans can pre-order the Standard or Digital Deluxe editions of Sonic Superstars in advance of release at sonicsuperstars.com to receive an exclusive LEGO Eggman character look. What’s more, all Sonic Superstars players will be able to play as Blue Lightning in brick form with a free LEGO® Sonic appearance, available from the game’s release!
Sonic Superstars – Standard Edition
- Basic game
- Free LEGO® Sonic look
Sonic Superstars – Digital Deluxe Edition
- Basic game (digital only)
- Sonic Rabbit look
- LEGO® Fun Pack
- Mecha Sonic parts for battle mode
- Additional menu wallpapers
- Digital artbook and mini soundtrack
- Free Sonic LEGO® look
Explore the Northstar Islands in this all-new adventure featuring fast-paced action and sequences from the classic Sonic games. Play as Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy Rose, and use the Emerald Powers, which offer new ways to move and attack. Travel through beautiful environments, solo or with up to four players, to thwart the plans of Dr. Eggman, Fang and a new enemy who seek to turn the islands’ giant animals into Badniks!
- A new impetus for Sonic
- This adventure reinvents the fast 2D side-scrolling action of the Sonic games in a new formula with 3D graphics, new powers, a new region and more! Classic Sonic gaming like never before!
- Play as your favorite characters
- Choose between Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy Rose, and use their powers to traverse the Northstar Islands and defeat Dr. Eggman, who has teamed up with Fang, an old adversary.
- Channel the power of Chaos Emeralds
- The new Emerald Powers allow you to clone yourself, climb waterfalls, change shape and much more.
- Share the fun with friends
- For the first time in a Sonic game, the entire story can be played with 3 other players locally.
- More players than ever
- Take on up to seven players online, or three locally, in an all-new PvP mini-game!
What’s more, a third free update for Sonic Frontiers will roll out on September 28, featuring new narrative elements, new challenges and the chance to play as Tails, Amy and Knuckles in an epic update: The Final Horizon!
Sonic Frontiers is now available on PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch™ consoles and Steam.