NEXON and NEXON Games will open access to the crossplay open beta of The First Descendant – a free-to-play, cooperative looter shooter developed under Unreal Engine 5 – on PC via Steam, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One. Players can prepare themselves to take on the Vulgus by preloading the game now. For those who reach level 20 before the end of the beta, an exclusive item will be offered.
The beta will open and close at midnight Pacific time between September 19 and 25. Players will become Legatees, fighting for the survival of humanity. They will embody characters with unique skills, and enjoy some of the game’s most exciting gameplay mechanics. Epic boss battles for up to 4 players in online co-op await them. Numerous weapon and character skins can be unlocked to stand out from the crowd. These customization options are highlighted in the latest trailer, available at this address.
Players can look forward to a host of new features and enhancements, directly derived from player feedback from previous tests, shared notably via The First Descendant Discord. NEXON Games has given priority to optimizing performance, adding content and revamping gameplay mechanics.
Finally, players will discover an epic Prologue, playable from the start of the game, to learn more about the Vulgus, their invasion of the continent of Ingris and why Karel, their new leader, is trying to seize the Iron Heart.
Here are some of the major updates and adaptations players can expect in The First Descendant crossplay open beta:
- New playable content
- 11 playable Legates and two Ultimate Legates
- 11 new ultimate weapons, each with unique effects
- 8 Bosses
- 2 new Void maps
- New cosmetic system
- Performance improvements
- Improved refresh rate
- HDR and NVIDIA® DLSS 3 support
- Use of the latest version of Unreal Engine 5.2
- Performance and quality modes for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S
- Quality of life improvements
- Revamped grappling hook control and new parkour moves
- New module system (formerly known as runes)
- Improved weapon movement and effects
- Updated user experience and interface (UX / UI)
- New rewards for Open Beta only
- Rewards for participating in the Crossplay Open Beta: limited edition Emote at launch for all participants
- Rewards for level 20 descendants: Backpack decoration item at launch for descendants who reach level 20.
- Updated stories, new maps and new prologue
Players can view the full list of updates and additions on The First Descendant‘s official website. All additional assets can be found below: